Business Development Manager
£30,000 - £33,000 + Bonus
Our client is one of the UK’s leading Security Solutions companies, they are setting the standard for electronic security and customer service.
We are on the hunt for a Business Development Manager based in London or the surrounding areas, you will play a crucial role and being an ambassador for the business and their outstanding reputation.
What to Expect:
- To maximise the profitability of the department, by ensuring a, ’Right First Time’ approach, in all aspects of your work, minimising travel time and providing performance feedback to the engineering, technical and admin team.
- Not allow any job to go ahead without an installation & service contract in place first.
- To achieve agreed sales targets, whilst maintaining acceptable and pre-agreed levels of gross profit margin for each job.
- To promote with particular focus on the Intruder, Fire, CCTV, Access, Integrated Systems, products and maintenance and service contracts.
- To develop a contact and client base, focusing on repeat and referral business along with upgrade works and new business.
- To contact and develop relationships with specifier’s and consultants, such as builders, surveyors, insurers, developers, architects, electricians and M&E consultants.
- To inform your line manager if you discover and identify new products or techniques for use and possible introduction to the company.
- Utilise sales and promotional products, to include sample boards, PP presentations, obtaining support from in house expertise and suppliers’ expertise and facilities where possible to maximise your impact to a customer and the company.
What we are looking for:
- Proven new business sales experience
- The ability to create own sales opportunities
- To work on own initiative
- Quick learner
- Previous sales experience within the sector
- Experience of construction methods and processes
- Sound understanding of the relevant standards (BS5306:3:8/ 5266/ 5839:1:6/ EN50131/PD6662 etc)
- Organisational Awareness – Industry, Competitor and Product/Service Knowledge
- Account Planning & Analysis
- Solution Selling
- Consulting & Negotiating
- Ability to Build Strong Relationships
- Proven influencing skills
- Project Management Skills
What we have to offer:
- Competitive salary - £30,000 - £33,000 + Great Bonus Structure
- Employee Benefits
- Progression and Training opportunities
*By applying for this role, you are consenting for RSD Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities. Follow RSD Recruitment on your favourite social networks – LinkedIn & Facebook