Recycling and Stores Assistant
P/T role – 15 hours Per Week (Flexible Shift Pattern)...
Our client is one of the UK’s leading Security Solutions companies, they are setting the standard for electronic security and customer service.
We are on the hunt for a part-time Recycling and Stores Assistant to work within the Warehouse/Recycling Depot ensuring all areas are clean, support store functions and work on the day to day operations of the waste/recycling centre.
To be responsible for the waste management on site. This includes:
- Breaking down equipment that engineers have removed from customer sites into cardboard, packaging material, metal, plastics, batteries and printed circuit boards.
- To ensure that the material is separated into the correct recycling bins and to be disposed of responsibly.
- To ensure the cardboard crusher is emptied as appropriate and stored before collection.
- To schedule visits by various recycling firms to remove waste material on a regular basis.
- To manage the confidential waste. To remove the waste from the offices and store safely and securely before disposal to an approved contractor.
- To ensure that the yard is free from nails, screws and other sharp debris that may cause damage to persons and vehicles (predominately tyres).
- To ensure the external spaces are clear of rubbish and other detritus.
- To ensure that the yard area and parking is dressed in rock salt on days before a frost, ice or snow is forecast.
- Check offices for wear and tear and report to your line manager of any discrepancies / works necessary.
- To undertake local collections and deliveries as required.
- To assist stores with deliveries, or any other task as directed or required.
- Checking waste bins to ensure that waste has been disposed of correctly and reporting any failures to ensure recycling processes are adhered to.
- Wear the correct PPE equipment for all of the separate tasks.
- Ensure the offices have enough milk, coffee and tea.
- 5-year checkable work history.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Helpful, reliable and a team player
- Ability to work unsupervised using own initiative
- Ability to organise workload in an effective manner
- An interest in recycling
*By applying for this role, you are consenting for RSD Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities. Follow RSD Recruitment on your favourite social networks – LinkedIn & Facebook