Holiday Park General Manager
Take full accountability for the day-to-day running of the park ensuring all revenue targets and budgets are achieved, whilst ensuring excellent customer delivery. Driving revenue, looking at opportunities to improve service standards to the high standards required by the company and the overall profitability in each area of this very diverse and already successful business. Effectively manage and develop the team on park and oversee all departments whilst empowering the department heads to develop their own teams in order to deliver and exceed their budgets.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure all departments achieve gross profit targets set by the Company.
- To deliver outstanding customer services and to ensure all employees know and deliver the company ethos while handling customer complaints and queries
- To maximise all areas of financial performance and guest satisfaction
- To maximise retail sales revenue/profitability from all sources
- To identify and act on all cross-selling opportunities
- To take accountability for the smooth running of all departments
- To take an active part in the local area, developing key relationships with local tourist authorities and organisation
- To line manage the relevant department heads and ensure each area operates at its optimum level
- To review and comment as necessary financial results
- To ensure that all departments operate within agreed financial and staff cost budgets
- To ensure compliance in all areas of health and safety and human resources
- To deal with all situations ensuring minimal disruption and complaints to the business within set guidelines
- To understand all legislation with regards to the running of the park
- Actively work with the training and development of all staff and carry out regular meetings and appraisals
- To be responsible for the good reputation of the Company
- To be fully conversant with all the software packages used within the business
- To perform any other duties as required by the Directors to ensure the successful and efficient running of the department
- Staff Development and Training
- To guide and support staff with their professional development through the provision of:
- Supervision, both individual and group
- Personal Development Planning
- To ensure you carry out your duty to attend training put in place for your career development by the company
- To ensure you follow and implement the policy and procedures eg Sickness and absence, operated by the Company at all times.
- To ensure you facilitate the induction and supervision sessions set up and operated by the Company during your employment.