Technical Auditor - Security Industry
Covering The North
£28,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Full Time - Permanent
Our client, one of the market leading providers of Security Solutions in the UK, is looking for an experienced Technical Auditor to compliment their highly experienced Engineering team. We are on the lookout for people from the industry who are well versed in ensuring works are completed within agreed parameters to continue their sterling reputation.
Key Areas Of The Role:
Auditing of Engineering Functions by:
- Carrying out NSI & BAFE Technical/Product audits.
- Auditing of engineering staff.
- Auditing of approved Subcontractors.
- The Technical Auditor is responsible for ensuring that all Engineering works are carried out to the requirements of the relevant British Standards, ensuring at all times compliance to the requirements of the NSI and BAFE regulations.
- To carry out audits on installed systems within a customer’s premises
- To develop, introduce and complete a full annual auditing schedule for all Engineering Staff and approved Subcontractors as required by the standards and accreditation bodies, in conjunction with the Compliance Manager.
- Ensuring that all audits are completed on the correct documentation specific to the system installed and the accreditation body requirements and that the completed documents are correctly stored in the relevant electronic depository.
- To highlight to the Engineering Managers any deficiencies in both compliance and workmanship that has been identified during the audits.
- Identifying engineering trends and providing the Engineering Managers with the information that is required to increase the Engineers skills in line with the company’s expectations.
- Make recommendations for improvement of product and engineering performance to the Engineering Managers.
- Identify training needs of engineers and to help deliver such training
- Carry out toolbox talks with the engineers and any other staff as indicated
- Carry out tasks within the Centre of Excellence to include: prebuild and configuration of equipment, training, onsite Project engineering and any other requirements as advised by the TSM
- Any other duties as directed by the TSM.
Who We Are Looking For:
- A minimum of 7 years working experience involving the Installation & Maintenance of Intruder/CCTV/Access Control, Entry Phone & Fire Alarm Systems.
- High levels of Technical knowledge of Intruder alarms, Access control systems, CCTV systems, Entry phone, Fire Alarm systems and signalling systems and types.
- Good working knowledge of all high end CCTV systems to include, CCTV cameras, Matrix equipment and PC/IP based digital recording systems.
- High levels of knowledge of the British Standards, NSI Regulations and BAFE Regulations that are specific to Intruder alarms, Access control systems, CCTV systems, Fire Alarm systems and signalling systems.
- Excellent communications skills and organisational skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrable knowledge of electronic security products.
- Demonstrable knowledge of NSI and BAFE requirements.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong and demonstrable skills in the Microsoft packages.
- Able to work on your own initiative.
- Time management skills.
What we have to offer:
- £28,000 - £35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Holiday Entitlement
- Company Benefits
- Progression opportunities
*In applying for this role, you are consenting for RSD Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities. Follow RSD Recruitment on your favourite social networks – LinkedIn & Facebook