Deputy Children’s Home Manager
£27,000 - £30,000 per annum + overtime
We are working with our client to recruit for a Deputy Manager who will be working within a Children’s Residential Home based in Chesterfield. This is an exciting opportunity for a someone who is committed to improving outcomes and life chances for children and young people.
Key Responsibilities –
- Support the management of day to day running of the home, in tandem with the Homes Manager and as applicable in their absence.
- Manage the welfare of young people aged 8-17 living at the Home.
- Support & organise the provision of staff, and other necessary resources to cover the operational needs of the home.
- Monitor and support the maintenance and repair of the home (e.g., buildings, grounds, equipment) reporting issues to the Home Manager and Maintenance as appropriate.
- Engage in Recruitment, Probationary, Conduct, Return from Absence & Exit Interviews as required. Create staff Rota’s, health & safety audits, create monthly paperwork and books. Scan documents onto the systems.
- Undertake and support the functions of supervision, consultation and appraisals.
- Maintain standards of good practice in line with Quality Standards, other relevant childcare legislation and the ethos of the Company.
- Maintain good communication (formal and informal) including status reports, handovers, staff meetings, logbook recording, and other meetings as required.
- Undertake all relevant or required duties inclusive of on-call responsibilities.
- Holding or working towards NVQ 3 as a minimum. Willing to progress onto a Level 5 Leadership and Management Qualification for Residential Childcare.
- Have successful experience of working with children, preferably, with 1 year at a senior level. Providing supervision for staff, supporting, developing and motivating a staff team within a children’s residential setting.
- Have a good knowledge of and worked to a Good and or Outstanding Ofsted standards.
- Ability to deal with challenging and dynamic environments.
- Be a flexible and committed team player with the ability to forge strong partnerships and work collaboratively with external agencies.
- Hold a full UK or driving License and have 12 months + driving experience
If this fantastic opportunity interests you, please apply today with an up-to-date CV and an RSD Recruitment Professional will be in contact!
By applying for this role, you are consenting for RSD Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities. Follow RSD Recruitment on your favourite social networks – LinkedIn & Facebook