Senior Registered Manager
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are working with our client to recruit a Senior Registered Manager for a new Children’s Residential Home in the Walsall area. Our client is committed to providing excellent care and education to children and young people with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties.
As a Registered Manager, you will be responsible for the maintenance of registration standards as laid down in the Children’s Home Regulations and Care Standards 2015 and work in line with the SCCIF.
- To ensure that the home operates in a solution focused way with the needs of the child at the centre of the care provided
- To contribute to the overall development of the home and staff team
- Promote and maintain a quality care in line with statutory requirements and Local Authority guidelines and ensure that all staff are familiar with and adhere to these requirements and guidelines.
- Ensuring the financial management of the home, and adhere to, relevant Financial Regulations; and ensure that financial records are kept, are up to date, and are available for inspection by authorised personnel.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- To undertake health and safety duties
- To provide suitable on-call arrangements on occasions when there are no managers on the premises.
- Minimum of 3 years Residential Registered Manager experience with evidence of running good or outstanding homes in the last 5 years.
- Level 5 in leadership and management for Children’s Residential Services
- Level 3 Health and Social care working with children and young people / CYP Level 3
- In depth working knowledge of governing legislation, procedures and best practice in caring for looked after children
- Willingness to increase knowledge through ongoing training
- Experience of working in children's residential EBD homes
- Experience of working with CSE
- Experience of working with Autism, Asperger and other mental health conditions
- Evidence of working in crisis situations and achieving resolution
- Evidence of self-development and professional growth
- Direct experience of team leadership, facilitation and supervision
- Evidence of developing the skills of a staff team and building team moral
- Evidence of achieving and developing a quality service
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with all professional colleagues and service users
If this fantastic opportunity interests you, please apply today with an up-to-date CV and an RSD Recruitment Professional will be in contact!
By applying for this role, you are consenting for RSD Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities. Follow RSD Recruitment on your favourite social networks – LinkedIn & Facebook