Covering - Newcastle, Sunderland, Gates Head
MUST BE A DRIVER TO APPLY TO THIS ROLE
VALID DBS IS REQUIRED
Job Overview –
- To maintain high standards of holistic care within a community setting.
- To work as a member of the team alongside the Person’s Family, Friends, and Significant others, Community Nursing Teams, Specialist Nursing and Case Management to meet the Person’s Physical, Psychological and Spiritual needs.
- To assist with devising and implementing the Person’s Care Plan and Risk Assessments.
- Evaluate Care Plans weekly.
- To ensure the Care Plan is a working document and is updated when required; and support the named Manager in the Person’s review.
- To recognise changes in symptoms and the Person’s condition. To notify other Healthcare Professionals as necessary.
- To work in accordance with the Community Nursing team instruction, observing and reporting changes in the Person’s condition and circumstances.
- To dispense medication in accordance with the clinical directive including ordering supplies.
- To ensure compliance with Manual Handling, Infection Control and Health & Safety Policies.
- To ensure that your practice is in accordance with the companies policy at all times.
- To be aware of the companies code of conduct and abide by the General Skill Council.
- To ensure compliance with Manual Handling and Health & Safety policies relating to your activities.
- To be aware of the procedure to follow in the event of fire and other emergencies.
- To report to your Line Manager any hazards or accidents that may occur in your working environment and ensure compliance with the terms of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- To ensure that all equipment used by you in the course of your duties is used appropriately and any faults or breakages is reported immediately.
- To report any complaint or grievance from the Person being supported is reported to your Line Manage immediately.
Essential Training & Qualifications –
- Must have or be willing to work towards Common Induction Standards.
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care